Girls Freshman Basketball
NOTE: There is one change to the schedule. Workouts on FRIDAY, May 15 are OFF. We will be going from 10-12 with an open gym/on-court workout for any and all who are interested.
What a fantastic time to be a Cavalier! Please see the information below in reference to our green days and strength/conditioning workouts. Be advised that these workouts are open to ALL high schoolers interested in basketball. Physical copies of the calendar, attached here, will be available at the family meeting on Wednesday, May 6.
Monday, May 11 - 5PM - 6:30 PM (Weight Room)
Wednesday, May 13 - 4:45 PM - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Friday, May 15 - 4:30 - 6 PM (Weight Room)
Saturday, May 16 - 10 AM - 12 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Monday, May 18 - 5:00 - 6:30 PM (Weight Room)
Wednesday, May 20 - 4:45 - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Friday, May 22 - 4:30 - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Wednesday, May 27 - 4:45 - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Friday, May 29 - 4:30 - 6 PM (Weight Room)
Monday, June 1 - 4:45 - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Wednesday, June 3 - 4:45 - 6 PM (Main Gym - Green Day)
Friday June 5 - 4:30 - 6 PM (Weight Room)
For weight room activities, please do not wear basketball shoes. We will also be conditioning outside, so please dress accordingly for the weather. For all on-court workouts, please wear basketball shoes.
Chaos starts NOW. Are you IN??
What a great turnout at our meeting on Wednesday, April 29! We are having an additional FAMILY meeting on May 6, 2015 in Cafeteria A at 6:30 PM. All levels are invited to attend - we want as many student-athletes and their families in attendance as possible. We cannot build a true program without incredible family support, so please attend!
Please e-mail Coach Rastogi at email@example.com or reach out over Twitter @wtw_gbb or @rastogi_aseem with any questions, comments, or concerns. We look forward to hosting you - Are You In?
Calling all prospective and current girls' basketball players! There will be an interest meeting on Wednesday, April 29 at 2:30 PM in Room C-108 for ALL levels. Be there on time, ready to rock! You'll have an opportunity to meet Coach Rastogi and learn the vision for the program moving forward. Coach Rastogi can't wait to meet you - Are You IN?!
Tryouts will take place as scheduled on Tuesday:
Volleyball will not host a home regional match on Monday, so the tryout schedule for Monday, Nov 10, is:
All Freshman: 3-5 pm, Aux Gym
All Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors: 5-7 Main Gym
Arrive early to make sure your forms are ready. Remember, to participate in tryouts you need: (1) Physical, turned in to and approved by the Athletic Trainer; (2) Emergency Care Form, turned into to your coach; (3) Concussion course, completed by you and a parent; (4) girls basketball Participation form completed by you and a parent (this form is not due until Nov 11).
If you have questions as to whether you have correctly turned in your forms, email Coach Fall before the tryouts at firstname.lastname@example.org
No school, so no Training today. We will have Training on Thursday (Nov 6) 2:45-4 pm. Meet outside the weightroom.
- Sept 23 (2:30-4 pm), main gym
- Sept 24 (8:15-9:30 pm), main gym
- Oct 1 (2:30-4 pm), outside courts
- Oct 8 (8:15-9 pm), main gym
- Oct 15 (2:30-4 pm), outside courts
- Oct 20 (2:30-4 pm), main gym
- Oct 21 (2:30-4 pm), main gym
- Oct 22 (8:15-9:30 pm), main gym
- Oct 27 (2:30-4 pm), main gym
- Oct 29 (2:30-4 pm), outside courts
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (2:30-4 pm) beginning Sept 18, except Sept 23 and Oct 21
- (dress for outside; meet in the hall outside of the weightroom)
- (last date of training: Nov 6)
* IMPORTANT: Students are not required to participate in these activities in order to try out for the Woodson basketball teams. Students are required to have an approved VHSL Physical Form on file with the Athletic Trainer in order to participate in these activities. Changes to these dates may occur at the last minute – check for updates on this “News” link and @WTWGirlsHoops.
Green Day on Oct 15 on the outdoor courts is canceled, due to rain